Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
PECO Smart Driver Rebates
With PECO Smart Driver Rebates, we offer rebates and incentives for residential and business customers investing in new electric vehicle technology. PECO customers can earn $50 per car just for letting us know they have purchased an electric vehicle.
Restrictions apply. See application for details.
View full Terms and Conditions.
PECO $500 Level 2 EV Commercial Charger Rebate
The PECO Commercial Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charger Rebate aims to expand EV charging infrastructure in conjunction with the PA Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) Level 2 Charging Rebate Program to promote clean transportation. The PECO program offers $500 per charger installation project, up to $1,500 per entity. The Rebate is available until funds run out. Funds can be used for eligible or ineligible costs as described by the Level 2 EV Charging Rebate guidelines. However, if the funds are used for eligible costs, it must be reported on the PA DEP Level 2 EV Charging application.
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Entity must have an active PECO Commercial Electric account
- Approved Level 2 EV Charging Rebate application through PA DEP with proof of approved DEP Voucher
- Rebate recipients are required to provide access of charger utilization data upon request for three years after project completion
- View full Terms and Conditions.
PECO Pilot Discount for DC Fast Charging Demand
PECO is offering a pilot discount on distribution charges for commercial customers installing fast charging infrastructure.
- Available July 1, 2019 to June 20, 2024
- Installation of DC fast charger (level 3) required
- Charging for public or workplace fleets
- 50% discount for 36 months from installation, or until pilot ends, whichever comes first
- Customer data reporting requirements apply
Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebates
The Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Program provides rebates to consumers up to $2,000 for the purchase of new plug-in hybrid and plug-in electric vehicles. Actual rebate amount is determined by vehicle battery system capacity.
Restrictions apply. Rebates are subject to availability. Visit PA Department of Environmental Protection website for additional details.
- Offer applies to:
- New AFVs with a final purchase price of $50,000 or less, including those with a battery size of 59 kWh or less.
- New AFVs with a final purchase price of $60,000 or less and a battery size equal to or greater than 60 kWh.
- One-time preowned AFV with 75,000 miles or less are eligible to receive a rebate of $750.
- An additional rebate of $500 is available on all vehicles for applicants meeting low-income requirements.
- •The program offered will be reassessed on Dec. 31, 2019.
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
A federal income tax credit up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of a qualifying EV. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500, based on each vehicle's battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating. Your eligibility for income tax credits depends on your personal tax situation. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for guidance.
The credit begins to phase out for each vehicle manufacturer once they have sold 200,000 eligible electric vehicles in the United States (as counted from January 1, 2010). The IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production volume and will announce the subsequent phase-out schedule on the IRS website.
- Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
- Max tax credit $7,500
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
EV Charging Equipment Federal Tax Credit up to $1,000
Consumers who purchase qualified residential fueling equipment prior to December 31, 2021, may receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,000. Permitting and inspection fees are not included in covered expenses.
NOTE: This incentive originally expired on December 31, 2016, but was retroactively extended through December 31, 2020, by Public Law 116-94. The Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020 extended the alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit to cover refueling property placed in service in 2021.
- Consult a tax professional to see if your installation qualifies
- Visit IRS website for additional information