Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
PECO Smart Driver Rebates
With PECO Smart Driver Rebates, we offer rebates and incentives for residential and business customers investing in new electric vehicle technology. PECO customers can earn $50 per car just for letting us know they have purchased an electric vehicle.
Restrictions apply. See application for details.
View full Terms and Conditions.
Level 2 Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Pilot
The Level 2 (L2) Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Pilot will incentivize the adoption of Level 2 EV charging technology, with an increased focus on supporting Environmental Justice areas.
The pilot features two rebate levels:
1. Lesser of $2,000 per port or 50% of make-ready costs for projects located within PECO Electric Service Territory
2. Lesser of $3,000 per port or 75% of make-ready costs for projects located within PECO Electric Service Territory AND Environmental Justice Areas
Other Important Information:
- Customers are required to apply prior to the start of charging station projects.
- Program incentives are available to eligible commercial and industrial customers who shop for electric generation supply.
- Customers receiving rebates must provide data from the EV charger(s) for two years.
- The Pennsylvania DEP also offers EV charging rebates. For more details, visit bit.ly/drivingpa.
- Governmental incentives such as those offered by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) through their Driving PA Forward and Alternative Fuel Incentive Grant programs can be combined with this rebate as long as all incentives do not exceed the total project costs.
- Funds are limited and subject to availability. Program begins April 1, 2022.
PECO Pilot Discount for DC Fast Charging Demand
PECO is offering a pilot discount on distribution charges for commercial customers installing fast charging infrastructure.
- Available July 1, 2019 to June 20, 2024
- Installation of DC fast charger (level 3) required
- Charging for public or workplace fleets
- 50% discount for 36 months from installation, or until pilot ends, whichever comes first
- Customer data reporting requirements apply
Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebates
The Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Program provides rebates to consumers for the purchase of new and pre-owned plug-in electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. Rebates are offered to Pennsylvania residents only.
Rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available. Rebates are subject to the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Guidelines in effect at time of application, not date of vehicle purchase.
- $750 rebate on battery electric vehicle
- $500 rebate of plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
- One-time pre-owned vehicle rebate is available
- Subject to availability; may change without notice
- Restrictions apply; visit program website for details
$500 rebate of plug-in hybrid electric vehicle
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
A federal income tax credit up to $7,500 is available for the purchase of a qualifying EV. The minimum credit amount is $2,500, and the credit may be up to $7,500, based on each vehicle's battery capacity and the gross vehicle weight rating. Your eligibility for income tax credits depends on your personal tax situation. We recommend speaking with a tax professional for guidance.
The credit begins to phase out for each vehicle manufacturer once they have sold 200,000 eligible electric vehicles in the United States (as counted from January 1, 2010). The IRS will announce when a manufacturer exceeds this production volume and will announce the subsequent phase-out schedule on the IRS website.
- Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
- Max tax credit $7,500
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
EV Charging Equipment Federal Tax Credit up to $1,000 [Expired]
Consumers who purchase qualified residential charging equipment prior to December 31, 2021, may receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,000. Permitting and inspection fees are not included in covered expenses.
NOTE: This incentive originally expired on December 31, 2016, but was retroactively extended through December 31, 2020, by Public Law 116-94. The Taxpayer Certainty and Disaster Tax Relief Act of 2020 extended the alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit to cover refueling property placed in service in 2021.
- Consult a tax professional to see if your installation qualifies
- Visit IRS website for additional information
- We're providing this information for those who may still be filing 2021 taxes