Electric Vehicle Offers & Information
PECO Smart Driver Rebates
With PECO Smart Driver Rebates, we offer rebates and incentives for residential and business customers investing in new electric vehicle technology. PECO customers can earn $50 per car just for letting us know they have purchased an electric vehicle.
Restrictions apply. See application for details.
View full Terms and Conditions.
Level 2 Commercial Electric Vehicle Charging Pilot
The Level 2 (L2) Commercial Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Pilot will incentivize the adoption of Level 2 EV charging technology, with an increased focus on supporting Environmental Justice areas.
The pilot features two rebate levels:
1. Lesser of $2,000 per port or 50% of make-ready costs for projects located within PECO Electric Service Territory
2. Lesser of $3,000 per port or 75% of make-ready costs for projects located within PECO Electric Service Territory AND Environmental Justice Areas
Other Important Information:
- Customers are required to apply prior to the start of charging station projects.
- Program incentives are available to eligible commercial and industrial customers who shop for electric generation supply.
- Customers receiving rebates must provide data from the EV charger(s) for two years.
- The Pennsylvania DEP also offers EV charging rebates. For more details, visit bit.ly/drivingpa.
- Governmental incentives such as those offered by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) through their Driving PA Forward and Alternative Fuel Incentive Grant programs can be combined with this rebate as long as all incentives do not exceed the total project costs.
- Funds are limited and subject to availability. Program begins April 1, 2022.
Rebate Redemption Request (Step 1, before project is started)
Rebate Redemption Form (Step 2, after project completion)
PECO Pilot Discount for DC Fast Charging Demand
PECO is offering a pilot discount on distribution charges for commercial customers installing fast charging infrastructure.
- Available July 1, 2019 to June 20, 2024
- Installation of DC fast charger (level 3) required
- Charging for public or workplace fleets
- 50% discount for 36 months from installation, or until pilot ends, whichever comes first
- Customer data reporting requirements apply
Pennsylvania Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Rebates
The Alternative Fuel Vehicle (AFV) Program provides rebates to consumers for the purchase of new and pre-owned plug-in electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. Rebates are offered to Pennsylvania residents only.
Rebates are offered on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funding is available. Rebates are subject to the Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Guidelines in effect at time of application, not date of vehicle purchase.
- Battery electric cars and trucks qualify for a $2,000 rebate (up from $750)
- Plug-in hybrid cars and trucks qualify for a $1,500 rebate
- The program will offer at least 1,000 rebates until June 30, 2023
- Subject to availability; may change without notice
- Restrictions apply; visit program website for details
• Plug-in hybrid cars and trucks qualify for a $1,500 rebate
• The rebate amount is now the same for new and pre-owned vehicles
Electric Vehicle Federal Tax Credit up to $7,500
The Inflation Reduction Act introduces a number of significant changes to the tax credit for new electric vehicles (section 30D). These changes will phase in over time. Effective immediately after enactment of the Inflation Reduction Act (after August 16, 2022), the tax credit is only available for qualifying electric vehicles for which final assembly occurred in North America. Further changes to the eligibility rules began in 2023.
Overall, the reforms in the Inflation Reduction Act mean that the tax credit for electric vehicles will evolve considerably over the coming months and years. New Requirements Effective April 18, see links below for details.
Separately, starting in 2023, the Inflation Reduction Act also establishes tax credits for pre-owned clean vehicles (section 25E) and for commercial clean vehicles (section 45W). Treasury and the Internal Revenue Service will release more information on all the clean vehicle credits in the coming months.
Information about vehicles purchased in 2022 and before or for vehicles purchased in 2023 and after.
- Source: U.S. DEPARTMENT OF THE TREASURY, August 16, 2022
- Consult your tax adviser to make sure you qualify
- Max tax credit $7,500
- Restrictions apply, subject to change without notice
EV Charging Equipment Federal Tax Credit up to $1,000
Consumers who purchase qualified residential charging equipment may receive a tax credit of 30% of the cost, up to $1,000.
- Consult a tax professional to see if your installation qualifies
- Visit IRS website for additional information